The third monthly Bristol Grand Prix tournament of 2021......
...... is on Thursday, March 11th,
LESTERS TROPHY CXVIII,
for the Sam Mead Memorial Shield,
BRISTOL GRAND PRIX 2021
TOURNAMENT #3 of 12
The details ......:
- Entry to the tournament is £20;
- At least 90% of all entry fees will be redistributed in prizes on the night;
- No more than 5% will go towards prizes for the overall Bristol Grand Prix leaders at the end of the year, with the remainder being taken as an admin fee;
- The event will consist of two flights of straight knock-out;
- In the main flight, all matches will be played to 7 POINTS;
- And in the consolation flight, all matches will be played to 5 POINTS;
- Our standard tournament rules apply (including the Crawford Rule);
- All matches will be played under clock rules, players starting each match with a time bank of 90 seconds per point with a 10 seconds delay;
- Tournament Director's decisions are final.
- There will also be two optional "Winner Takes All" pools at £10 and £20, where the tournament winner will take the entire proceeds if he/she has entered it -- if not, then there will be a rollover to the following month's Bristol Grand Prix tournament.
- To be eligible for the tournament, you must be a Bristol Backgammon player;
- and you must be signed up to the Heroes site (see address above), citing Bristol as your home city, and using your full name so we can identify you;
- On tournament day, register by 6pm by:
- --(1) paying in advance, getting payment details from Ian Tarr, either by email or via 07751 241774 by text or WhatsApp; and
- --(2) telling Ian your name & Heroes nickname;
- At tournament time be in the Heroes lobby by 6.45pm to confirm your presence for the draw at 7.15pm;
- Next to your username on the left hand side click on your flag and choose status "tournament ready";
- Once the draw has been made then you will be notified of your first opponent in the main lobby;
- All players who lose their opening match will be eligible for the consolation flight -- wait in the lobby for the draw.
- Prize money will be notified during the tournament;
- Disbursement of prize money will occur by whatever means you request (within reason!);
When the coronavirus crisis is over, it will once again be a case of:
MONDAYS and THURSDAYS are BACKGAMMON NIGHTS --
THURSDAYS at the RAINBOW CASINO;
MONDAYS at the BRISTOL COUNTY SPORTS CLUB